Henna Tattoos After care
The colour and longevity of your henna tattoo depends on many factors, including your body temperature and body chemistry, what part of the
body is tattooed, how long you leave the paste in contact with your skin,how you remove the
paste, and how well you care for your henna tattoo. A typical henna tattoo will have good color 5-10 days and fade in 1-3 weeks give or take.
- Keep henna paste on as long as possible (4-12 hours is idea).
- Keep the area warm if possible.
- Do NOT wash off with water. Gently scrape off dried
- Use olive oil or lemon juice to remove stubborn bits of henna if needed
- Avoid water on the henna tattoo for the rest of the day.
- The longer you avoid water the darker your stain will become.
- Avoid chemicals (cleaners), chlorine, smoothing lot
ions, and abrasive soaps.
- Optional: Apply olive oil on tattoo before showering or getting wet.
- Optional: If you swim, apply spray bandage sealer over tattoo first.
- Tattoo will darken over the next 24-72 hours